Tuesday 16 September 2014

Bicycle & Blooms

Haven't had very much time to craft lately, but finally had a few moments to colour this great image from Sherri Baldy.

 I'm entering this into the following challenge(s):

I started by embossing a couple of pieces of cardstock with a couple old embossing folders I have from years ago (I always try and use my old and almost forgotten supplies whenever I can, so they get some love!) I rubbed over the raised embossing with distress inks to create my backing paper.

I'm trying to perfect my colouring so wanted to use an image with lots of folds in the material, her little tutu and ribbons are perfect for this.


I love images with glasses because I can use my glossy accents to make them look realistic. I love how it's so easy to add another texture to a flat card.


I kept the embellishing simple, with some handmade paper flowers and a few stamped and die cut flowers and finally, of course, some of my beloved sequins.


Supplies used:
Image: My besties from Sherri Baldy
Colouring the image: Spectrum noir pens
Cardstock - 'Stampers Select White' from Papertrey Ink and powder blue from stash.
Paper flowers - from iamroses.com
Ink - 'Victorian Velvet' and 'Antique Linen' Tim Holtz DI
Dies: 'Blueprints 13' from MFT
Ribbon: Baby pink 10mm grosgrain from stash.
Finishing touches - Sequins, 'coral pink' flatback pearls, wink of stella brush pen (clear), glossy accents.
Tools - Printer (for image and sentiment), Embossing folders, Tonic paper trimmer, scissors, foam pads, wet glue, Big Shot die cutting machine, mini blending tools, Scotch ATG.

Thank you so much for visiting here, please leave a comment - they make me smile! :)

Katy xx

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is soooooo DARLING! I love these pretty soft beautiful colors .. it's STUNNING!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it this card,I like colours!
    Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
    Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Katy, so sweet and pretty, I love the softness of the colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for Heidi's special birthday blog hop
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy what a gorgeous card.

    gr karin and


    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. o my absolutely adorable...lizzi sss dt

    ReplyDelete