Thursday 4 September 2014

Stitched Snowflakes

My pre-ordered lawn fawn stitched snowflake dies arrived in the post this afternoon! After doing a happy dance, I just had to make something with them!

I used this sketch from retro sketches as my inspiration.


I ended up making a cute little card (it started out much bigger but i had to cut it down due to an ink spillage!) by layering strips of green paper from just one sheet of 6x6 from the 'Color Wash' paper pad from Pink Paislee. I made some of the strips patterned using stamps and masking off individual strips. By that time, it was a bit too green so I opted to layer over some crisp white pennant shapes and stamped a greeting onto one of them.


 I popped three snowflakes onto foam pads before dotting some sequins and rhinestones around. Adding wink of stella in clear to the snowflakes makes them really sparkle and shimmer and offsets them from the plain white pennant shapes. You'll notice from the photo above that I also made a matching envelope which I stencilled to match the card.


Supplies used:

Patterned Paper - 'Color Wash' pad from Pink Paislee
Cardstock - 'Stampers Select White' from Papertrey Ink
Sentiment Stamp - 'Fillable Frames #9' from Papertrey Ink
Pattern Stamps - 'More Washi Patterns' from MFT
Star Stencil - 'Stars & Dots' from Simon Says Stamp
Snowflakes dies - 'Stitched Snowflakes' from Lawn Fawn
Ink - 'Bundled Sage' Tim Holtz DI, 'Spring Moss', 'Ripe Avocado' from Papertrey Ink
Finishing touches - Sequins, rhinestones, wink of stella brush pen (clear)
Tools - Tonic paper trimmer, scissors, foam pads, wet glue, Big Shot die cutting machine, mini blending tool, fiskars stamp press, post-it tape, Scotch ATG.


Thank you so much if you stopped by, please leave me a comment so I know you've been,

Katy xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katy! Ooh my goodness! Your card is GORGEOUS! And you did such a FABULOUS job with the sketch!!!!!! I so love it!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete